View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 05:07 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Show me where Ballard has made moves to indicate he believes the teams window is open at any point in his tenure. I don’t believe he see things in windows which is my point and a big issue I have with him. The roster is largely managed the same regardless of what state it is. I contend that’s a mistake. You are pointing out arguments that are irrelevant. If you don’t believe teams should work in windows and tailor their moves to their situation then fine, say that. That’s a different discussion. Otherwise tell me how I’m wrong and show me the obvious difference in roster management from when Ballard is in win now mode to when he is in rebuild mode.
I told you, it's a flawed premise. I can never show you where Ballard made moves to indicate he believes the team's window is open... because you don't believe any of Ballard's moves indicate the team's window is open.

You suppose there's this intrinsic truth that you must make FA or trade splashes with big-name players or you're not actually trying to win. So his draft-and-re-sign method is never going to look like a win-now move under that supposition.

And like Dam mentioned, moves he does make, like selling a 1st and 3rd for Wentz, don't seem to count. After the shock of Luck's retirement, '20, '21, and '22 each with a new vet-QB wasn't an attempt to win now?

We've been down the road of me asking for specifics about what Ballard could/should do differently, but all I'll hear is "not my job." And that bypasses the complicated fact that it's a zero-sum game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (04-05-2024), Racehorse (04-05-2024)