View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 03:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

It is only day two of free agency. Still have a ways to go and then there is the draft as well. I will say, no one is advocating acting like the Jets or Skins. I like Ballard's strategy for the most part, but building through the draft and using FA is not mutually exclusive. You can use both to build a team and he has had some hits in FA.

What I don't want is to go into the season with another glaring deficiency at a position like WR and pass rush last year. Especially when you have the money and means to address it in order to round out your team.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt last year. Everyone thought we were going to be in a rebuild for awhile. Free agents were scared of Luck's health status, but that is not the case this year. Our window is open and we don't have to mortgage the future to improve the team.

I don't want to sacrifice today for an unknown future. Players get hurt and windows close. I don't want them to throw away opportunities now. If we sit on another pile of money anticipating re-signing players in a couple years, is that really building the most competitive team they can this year?