View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 06:32 PM

Thanked 1,663 Times in 794 Posts

Apparently he's present, but working individually only. It's been a while since I remember a player sitting out due to his contract. Am I missing someone recent? It's only OTA's and they just started at that. But I'd hate to see this drag into training camp and preseason. Always hoping for a smooth, full-participation offseason.

I can understand his perspective a bit. He's currently the 27th highest paid corner (per year) and feels he's much better than the 27th best corner. And it probably doesn't help that #20 on that list was just brought to your team from another team.

Reminds me of some Bill Polian wisdom...

“Never sign a big-name player from somebody else’s team who makes more money than a bellwether on your team. You’re asking for real trouble in the locker room by doing that.”

All that said... he signed the contract. At the time, he was the highest paid slot corner in the league. He's still got two years left on it, so if they don't want to extend him now, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. Which sucks for the team because he's important.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-25-2022), smitty46953 (05-25-2022), Spike (05-25-2022)