View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
There is not one fucking owner on the planet who I would want over Irsay. One of the only complaints I have against him is that he kept Griggs and Pags too damn long. Right now, we have the best trio in the NFL with Irsay, Ballard and Reich. I hope Wentz brings the Colts a few SB's because us smart guys on this board deserve it, and Irsay definitely deserves it. Thank God McDouche backed out like the chicken shit he is and we got Reich. I truly believe a lot of free agents would love to play for the Colts if the money is close. We are so damn close if Wentz can recapture his 2017 self.
I agree with you wholeheartedly Spike - but here's the thing that sometimes gets missed. Though he kept them too long, I think the Giggs/Pagano saga sent a strong message to all potential GM and coaching candidates that they will get a fair shake here, that Irsay will give you every opportunity to succeed even if things don't go so well. I'm sure Luck's presence was a big part of Ballard's decision to come here, but I have to think that the knowledge that Irsay would stay loyal even if things don't go so well played a big role in his mind as well. That kind of attitude breeds loyalty in the Colts staff/players as well.

That's the craziest thing about McDaniel's decision to screw over the Colts. He really screwed himself - he'll never have another opportunity like the one that was offered to him here. I just don't think that many other teams are run this way. I don't know if Belichick/Kraft/Brady had anything to do with McDaniel's decision, but if they did he should sue them. And the fact that he preferred to stay in a coordinator position says a lot about what he thinks of his own leadership qualities. He HAS to regret that decision now. The guy is barely getting any calls for HC jobs now, and the ones he is getting are for teams spiraling down like the Eagles (and even they don’t want him).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-23-2021), Spike (02-23-2021)