View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

I would prefer a more current take after last season ...... I am not sure that the old takes mean much to me.

o

It's not Manning, but it's Reggie Wayne ....... in addition to the paragraph at the top of the page, you can scroll down to the middle of the page and read about it. There is also a 14-minute video of Wayne speaking about football overall (in addition to his comments in regard to Carson Wentz.)

Carson Wentz Already Has 1 of Peyton Manning’s Favorite Colts Targets Wanting to Catch His Passes

(By Dave Wysong)

https://www.sportscasting.com/carson...ch-his-passes/

(TOP OF THE PAGE) lll The Indianapolis Colts finally have a quarterback, as the team recently traded for former Philadelphia Eagles star Carson Wentz. Many people don’t really know what to expect from Wentz next year, though. Colts fans have been spoiled over the years with Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning, former No. 1 overall pick Andrew Luck, and then NFL legend Philip Rivers, but they now have a QB who has shown glimpses of greatness and glimpses of incompetence. However, one of Peyton Manning’s former Colts receivers is already wanting to help Wentz out ...... that receiver is 6-time Pro Bowler Reggie Wayne.

(MIDDLE OF PAGE) lllll) Shortly after the news broke that the Colts traded for Carson Wentz, Reggie Wayne tweeted out how he can help get Wentz ready to go.

“Hey [Colts.] I know it’s plenty of snow up there. Send [Carson Wentz] down to South Florida. I’ll run a few routes for him so he can be ready to go,” Wayne tweeted.

This isn’t the first time that Wayne has tweeted about wanting to help his former team out. Earlier in February, when the Colts announced new additions to their coaching staff, Wayne tweeted, “Y’all hiring.” Indianapolis has had players from Wayne’s era coach on the team in the past, too. Robert Mathis, the team’s all-time leader in sacks, was once a full-time member of the team’s coaching staff and is now a pass-rush consultant.

So, is Wayne really going to help the Colts’ new potential franchise quarterback? It’s hard to say for sure, but it wouldn’t hurt, as he played with excellent quarterbacks throughout his entire career.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-23-2021), Ironshaft (02-24-2021), TheMugwump (02-23-2021)