View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 PM

Default Building the ‘18 Colts and beyond

If Saquon is available at 3, I’d take him. I think he’s a generational talent that would make everything else easier on offense. I would take him over 2 solid O-linemen, because I think his talent cannot be taught, while many big solid college linemen can be developed through good NFL coaching.

If Saquon is not available, at 3 that’s actually even better. That would mean one of the marquee QB’s is on the board, and someone will give you a first rounder this year and next, along with a 2nd or 3rd this year. I would take that ransom over Bradley Chubb. I have nothing bad to say about Chubb, except that picking him straight up at 3 is probably our worst outcome in my opinion. We are switching to a 4-3, we have new coaches and a no-name defense, and I just can’t see even a very talented pass rusher making a Freeney-esque impact for several years.

Frank Reich is an offensive guy and I say you stack him with weapons first, and see if you can get a big defensive steal later in the draft. Mathis, Bethea, Bob Sanders, Cato, Thornton, Brackett- none of those guys were first round picks, but you’re not going to find Luck-like offensive talent outside of the first or 2nd rounds.