View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 12:32 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,645 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
After Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) who should both go in top 4 who is a potential franchise QB? Off top of my head these are the only two. Doubt we are drafting that early. I like Kinlaw too, but Herbert IMO would be the better pick, if not sold on Brissett who is in last year of contract I believe.

Herbert has all the physical attributes to check all the boxes for what NFL teams are looking for in a franchise quarterback. Shows consistency with both accuracy and velocity on passes. Has shown the ability to stretch the field vertically and also fit passes into tight windows. Ball placement is ideal. Knows when to put passes high, when to put them low, when to lead receivers away from contact, etc. Has good mobility and can maintain passing integrity with arm strength and accuracy when on the run.

Rather have him than Brady or Rivers as short term band aids?

What about Bridgewater? He looked like he was well on his way to becoming a franchise QB before a devastating knee injury with the Vikings, he filled in admirably for Brees this past year, and he's only 27. I like him more than any QB the Colts can access in this draft without mortgaging their future completely, and I think the Colts are a playoff team with him at QB before the draft or other free agent acquisitions.