View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I think that the Chiefs showed a lot in this game ........ they looked like they might be dead in the water at 2 different points in the contest.

1) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown in the final minute of the first half, giving them a 14-0 lead heading into the locker room. The Patriots dominated every facet of that first half, so it didn't look great for the boys from eastern Missouri at that time.

2) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown with only 39 seconds left in the 4th quarter ........ Mahomes rallied the team in an extremely limited amount of time, including an excellent scramble and completion on a very tough throwing angle to get the Chiefs a huge chunk of yardage on their first play from scrimmage.

I think that Mahomes is great, particularly with his improvising while getting severe pressure from the pass rush. As long as the Chiefs continue to have at least a decent (or better) offensive line, I believe that there is a good chance that he will have a long and prosperous career.

o

Agree, the fact that KC made that last regulation drive did say a great deal about them.

My biggest takeaway from the last two chiefs games I've watched is that the best team won the divisional round last weekend. The colts will get there, but they just aren't there yet.

Oh, and Kansas City is in western Missouri, on the border of Kansas. I guess they would call it Illinois City otherwise, but I think the residents of St Louis might have something to say about that.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-21-2019)