View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 07:35 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Honestly, I am licking doorknobs trying to get it.

Yeah, there is a chance that I could get serious medical compilations from it or die, but I can do that at a MUCH higher risk percentage while driving to work every day. Have you seen some folks driving?

Yeah, if I get it, there is a chance that I could pass it to someone else. That is true of EVERY communicable disease on the planet. COVID is no different. We cannot completely change our lives based on a chance...and, honestly, a unbelievably small chance as long as the person you are interacting with is under the age of 75 and does not already have serious health issues.

Herd immunity hits when 93% of the population has the virus. I am just trying to do my part of helping us get there as a nation.

At 51 and with some of the "risk" factors (high blood pressure, high blood sugar), I knew that life would not be risk free.

I rate this about as dangerous of my getting skin cancer due to spending too much time outside without sun block as a teenager building tennis courts for my summer job. It might happen and it might not but I don't think the risk is higher for me dying from COVID, honestly.

And, my personal pet theory, if it were not an election year, this would have passed with about as much concern as when 85,000 Americans died during the 2018-2019 winter from the flu. No news articles. No national freak out. Just.....life. This fear mongering is primarily an effort to effect a Presidential election. If it were in a non-election year...

My personal freedoms don't end where another person's fears begin.
Fauci posted recently that this nation wont get to herd immunity without a vaccine, if they can create one.

OK so you don’t care if you get it. That’s fine except it I care if I get it. I got things and grandkids, and I Kinda would like to get to retirement and enjoy watching them grow up . And people like you who won’t wear a mask carrying this virus around make it possible for me to catch it. So if you don’t care about yourself, but it’s out of common decency you care for others around you, even if you don’t know them.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
apballin (07-09-2020)