View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 08:20 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I think one thing to remember is that with JB in place it’s entirely possible, maybe even likely, that even if they move up to get someone he sits this first year. That means you have two offseasons to address issues. Their draft capital would be diminished, but not gone. And they still have tons of cap space.

If AC retires then LT admittedly becomes a huge concern, but the others wouldn’t be a huge issue. I think the rest of the roster is good enough to support a young QB. Much better than most teams that take a guy high. I’m much more concerned with getting the right guy. If he’s in this draft and you can get him then pull the trigger and let him sit a year and learn. Trying to improve the roster first may help them develop but it would also make him harder to acquire too. If they pass this year (and don’t push draft picks forward) I’m not sure when they have this ammunition again with an improving roster. Loose that extra 2nd and draft at 18-22 instead of 13 and it becomes even harder to move up.
Well said, if castanzo retires, is LT a bigger priority than qb?

Thinking this through I would not be surprised if we trade down. If we cant get a generational qb, then let's trade down to have more capital to trade up next year.

I'm continually surprised how all these different roads lead to costanzo. If he retires it will be a completely different calculus.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (01-23-2020)