View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Two games in, our defense has been the biggest surprise of the season so far. If we consider the low expectations of your Defense they played a good game against Cincy and a stellar game against Washington.

Still early, sure, but it seems like Eberflus was an odd and back handed gift from Josh McFuckface.
I disagree with the good game against Cincy. Other than a few early series it was a dismal performance IMO. Bottom 5 in the league and about what I expected. However the Washington game was not at all what I expected and gives me a little hope that I may be wrong on the potential improvement this year. Leonard has certainly been impressive and Hunt has been surprising. Tackling seems significantly improved and the obvious focus on stripping the ball has been great to see, and will likely pay dividends all season.

But as I said, right now Washington only provides a little hope. I still expect the D to be at the bottom in most measurements. I don’t yet believe in the pass rush or our ability to cover outside. And Cincy’s ability to run on them gives me concern as well.

Hopefully Hooker begins to show up as the season progresses. He’s been nearly non existent. But 2 games in from a major injury and being so inexperienced I don’t think it’s completely unexpected.

Last edited by rm1369; 09-19-2018 at 09:28 AM.