View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
I respectfully disagree. Having Kelly in there improves the running game significantly. Rain is forecast for Sunday evening. Their top DT is out.

If/when they run the ball down the middle and dominate the game that way, it will open up the passing game to TY, Hines, and a cast of thousands.

However, I understand that others see it differently. And as I said, I love Ebron. Truthfully, I want them both to play. Plus, my wanting one or the other in has zero affect on what happens.
I would probably agree with you most times but this particular instance I would pick Ebron. What I'm thinking is with Casey and Orakapo out the line will not be under as much pressure, although the Titans will likely have to blitz to generate pressure.

The Titans have a very good secondary and they have been playing well. TY burned Jackson last game, they likely will not make the same mistake twice. They will double TY and maybe move Jackson to the hottest receiver. Ebron is a matchup problem, too fast for the LB's and too big for the secondary. Even with two linemen out the Titans will defend the run game well, that is their LB's strength. With that second mismatch weapon out there and Andrew trying to get him isolated against a LB it will help the passing game immensely. Especially the short passing game. Ebron had a big game against them do not forget. I think without him their secondary matches up very well with our receivers.

Finally, it isn't just Kelly we miss, I think we would need Doyle and Glowinski as well. This will be a tougher game that we think. Injuries favor us, but moving the game to Sunday night didn't help. That crowd will be drunk and riled up after all day tailgating. The Titans will have a chip on their shoulder because getting beat by Andrew ten times, although those teams and this Titan team are very different. Vrable learned from Belichick and he will not do the same things they did last time. I think we will win but it will be tight.