View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:23 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That's what I was thinking. Will have to win over the fanbase and the team again though.

You know who could have used some of that money, the fans who paid for tickets. Think a guy who makes 60k a year feels the dent of season tickets? A lot of people feel betrayed, deceived, etc. The media is too busy slut shaming the fanbase, but that just tells me how out of touch with the fanbase they are.
100% agree with this right here, I've thought the same thing about this, very out of touch. I don't get this contingent going around with the "but you pay to see the team not a player so what's the big deal?", while true at premise, we also pay to see the stars do their magical things and when the brightest star isn't there, well the value of the magic is invariably diminished.

Now think about the flipside revenue possibilities, can you imagine the rubber band effect if Jacoby can do this- if he could pull this rabbit out and lead this team to a SB- they wouldn't be able to print jersey's fast enough and the fans would rally around him and this team like crazy he would challenge Peyton for status around here if it were to somehow happen (and I am not going to say it can't, more and more I believe we have the assembled talent and the right leader to pull something like this off).