View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Did anyone hear this first hand? Anyone heard of this "Jacob Michaels" who left the original post?

I'm fairly suspicious of this info for a few reasons: (1) I think anyone trading up from 11 to get a QB will need to be prepared to pay a lot to do so - something like two 1sts and some change, and (2) even if the Dolphins were interested in making such a move, why would they be doing it now - long before the draft and with the potential to be left with egg on their face if none of the top QBs (much less Mayfield specifically) aren't available at 6? They'd be setting themselves up for disaster. Any number of teams could try to trade up to a higher slot and snatch the players away, leaving the Dolphins GM to look like an idiot.

If anything like this went down, I'd expect it to happen only after the dust has settled and the Colts are on the clock. If the trade went down now, the Colts would presumably have to accept less because they'd be trading a pick which won't guarantee Miami the player they supposedly want (Mayfield) and maybe no QB at all. This would also tell me that Ballard REALLY isn't enamored with any of the players at the top of this draft.

Last edited by Chaka; 04-05-2018 at 04:21 PM.