View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 07:00 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
ok, so this thread is "Dont vote for Biden - Harris".... Thats cool, typically I would be more interested in reasons to vote for someone rather than knee jerk reason to vote against someone (here they come to get my guns!).

I found a list the other day:

1. Trump said he would impose a hiring freeze on federal employees
- Nothing has happened on this since April of 2017.

2. Trump said he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it.
- no, thisa did not happen. Trump has built 93 miles of wall and you and I have paid for it.

3. Trump said he would deport all undocumented immigrants
- no, this hasn't happened, nor has he even come up with a cohesive immigration policy

4. Trump said he would eliminate gun free zones at schools
- No, barely any progress. Some say he didnt want to create any new gun laws because the NRA likes things the way they are. the Last part is conjecture, but there are still a lot of gun-free zones in schools

5. Trump said he would invest $550 billion in infrastructure
- no, none of that happened

6. Trump said he would balance the budget "fairly quickly"
- No, 2017 was $503B, 2018 was $779B 2019 was $984B... I dont even want to think about 2020, at least there was a portion of 2020 that would not be his fault (entirely)

7. Trump said he would release his tax forms when an audit was completed
- yea, that never happened

8. Trump said he would enact term limits
- nothing but crickets

9. Trump said he would increase the size of the Army to 540,000 active duty soldiers.
- there are currently 475,000 soldiers in the US Army, unchanged since 2016. Trump actually diverted military funding to build his 93 miles of wall (state of emergency). Note that the border between US and mexico is 1954 miles long. He has spent $11 billion so far, $20 million per mile, and he has 1856 miles to go.

Lets give him a bit of credit for the economy. He has kept the ship from foundering, one has to admit that the actions of his predecessor had something to do with it, but sure, lets give him some credit. I do think it's incredibly foolish to cut taxes in a growing economy, but surely he has people around him that would help him understand how it all works.

Oh, those people around him...in the last 3.5 years, his staff has had a turnover rate of 89%. 40% of these positions have turned over more than once.

But yea, there is a microscopic chance within a microscopic chance that Biden might take your guns. Hard to risk it.

(credit to Leigh Morris, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, Aug 2020)

Oh, forgot, he was suppossed to repeal and replace Obamacare. He didn't do that either. He actually promised that twice... once when he was elected and again on Fox news about two months ago. His first promise seemed in good faith, his second promise was just complete bullshit.

Good points.

Not only has he not released his taxes as he said he "gladly would", but he filed lawsuits to stop them from getting released. Do Trump supporters not find this odd at all that someone would claim they would happily release their returns and then fights like hell to not allow their release? Oh and he was not under audit. That was a lie.

Not only has he not replaced Obamacare, but he has no actual proposal for a replacement system for it.

As far as the turnover on his staff, let's look and see what those people who were around him closely quite a bit think of him:

Sean Hannity: “Trump is a batshit crazy person,”

Miles Taylor former DHS chief : "He was one of the most unfocused and undisciplined senior executives I’ve ever encountered. I came away completely convinced, based on firsthand experience, that the president was ill-equipped, and wouldn’t become equipped, to do his job effectively. And what’s worse was actively doing damage to our security."

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader”

White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged”

Omarosa Manigault Newman claimed that Trump is a “racist, misogynist and bigot”

Ann Coulter called Trump a "complete moron" and "The most disloyal actual retard that has ever set foot in the Oval Office "

Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot”

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child”

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron”

Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit”

Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner”

That's what his close friends/advisors think of him. I don't see how people fall for that con man.