Thread: Commish's Take
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
His college tape looked like a faster Arian Foster. The thing that was always frustrating about Foster was that he ran so patiently and set up his blocks perfectly to maximize runs. Hopefully Taylor can start doing that as a pro. The TD run against the Jets was encouraging in that regard. He beat the one man he had to and literally bowled over one of his blockers (Braden Smith) to get to the right spot to walk in for the TD.
I think Foster is a good "ceiling" for Taylor. I think Foster was more elusive but the comparison still holds imo. I've been worried about him too, but I find it encouraging he's had as many 5-10 yard runs as he's had.

I think Mack's absence is starting to show a little. Mack has the ability to hit the homerun on some of these plays and Taylor just hasn't shown that yet. At this point I would argue there's no reason to believe Taylor has more ability to break off the explosion plays than Wilson. Honestly I have a hard time seeing where Taylor is more desirable than Wilson other than his age. Wilson is literally doing everything Taylor has but has also proven he can rip off 50 yard runs.

He's definitely not Trent Richardson. Hopefully things start to click.