View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 10:13 AM

To TY, I bid a fond farewell. He was a great Colt. But he is toast, and we need to look forward.

As for Wentz going to TB? I doubt it, but its possible. Best possible landing spot that his useless ass that he could hope for at this point.
Same could be said for the Steelers. Both have weapons on O, both coming off a season with a retiring HOFer at QB.
Personally, I think both of those franchises go young at QB because the coaches have the leash RIGHT NOW to go young and develop a kid. If you bring in a Wentz type that is basically risking shortening your coaching or GM leash by at least a year or two wasted on that guy. Especially for fanbases as proud and known for consistency as the Steelers. See what the Patriots did as an example. Only difference is I don't think a lot of teams will voluntarily waste a year on a guy like Newton (Wentz) when they have both kind of proven the player they are at this point.
Wentz being packaged with a Wilson or Carr almost makes more sense at this point then a team looking to feature him. TB might be okay with a stopgap but I don't see Pitt being okay with it.