View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 11:02 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, winning this game with the Packers would take some pressure off of the team to complete a sweep of the Titans next week ...... a loss to the Packers would make the rematch with the Titans about as vital as was the first game that we played against them.

Losing to the Ravens pretty much put the Colts in almost a must-win situation against the Titans last week, and losing to the Packers would would essentially have the same effect on the importance of the rematch.

The schedule presumably gets easier after the Titans rematch, but even those 2 upcoming games against the 2-7 Texans has me somewhat concerned because of DeShaun Watson's ability to drive almost any defense crazy with his mobility at the QB position ...... the Browns held the Texans to 7 points last week, but you just never know with that little pain-in-the-ass running around and buying time.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

Win or lose today, next week's game against the Titans is a must win. Win both, the Colts are at 8-3 and in competition for one of the top seeds in the AFC. Lose both and the Colts are at 6-5 in a dogfight for the Wild Card. If I knew the Colts were going 1-1 in the next two games, I'd pick to beat the Titans because then the Colts are likely at 7-4 with effectively a 2 game division lead (because I expect the Ravens to crush the Titans). That said, the rest of this schedule is tough outside of the division, so sitting at 8-3 with the Raiders and Steelers left on the schedule would be really nice.

o

I think today's win was very big in terms of the pressure that the Colts will feel entering next week's game. If they had lost today, their season might be on the line next week. The Titans rematch is still very big, but I don't think that their season would be over if they lost.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck