View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 11:44 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

FYI it's Grady Jarrett. Grady Jackson actually did play DT for the Falcons 10ish years ago though.

Sanu would not be a bad WR2, he probably can't be re-signed.

Coleman at RB is interesting. Is he an upgrade over Mack? I don't know much about him as a pro, I liked him as a draft prospect.

No chance they'll let Julio Jones go. Almost as certain about not letting Jarrett go. Obviously either of those would be no-brainers but I don't think we'll get the chance.

I'm not necessarily convinced Jarrett is a top 5 DT. Maybe top 10ish. Off the top of my head I'd put Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, Geno Atkins, healthy Jurrell Casey, Kawann Short, Deforrest Buckner, Chris Jones, Akiem Hicks, and Cam Heyward at or above his level. Maybe others. Good player though and definitely an upgrade. And as of December they were far apart w/the Falcons on contract.

I would not mind Mack at all as backup for our center and guard spots. Just a question of if he'd accept that role on a potential contender after being a high-end starting center his whole career. My guess is he'll stay where he is.