View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Accidental Administrator

Jacksonville is 24th against the run... so we should be able to run the ball

They are 2nd best against the pass, we can exploit that with our running game and quick PA to TEs to get them to come in to play underneath and blitz to open up more vertical routes.

They are -11 turnover diff, we are +3. Get the damn ball, let bortles have small stuff and look for turnovers in the passing game.

I think we can still be run on as well, and they can burn our corners. I would look to negate this by getting pressure from Turay and Hunt, also some 'bend dont break' tampa 2 and cover 2 man under that lets our safeties actively help the corners once the field compresses as they move toward the red zone. This feeds back to the pass rush.

As far as mismatches go, I would look to spead the field with 3 wide + 2 TE to try and get mismatches where they need to cover a TE with a linebacker. Again if we do this repetitively we should see a deep safety of a corner trying to cheat underneath and get lucky in the mid to deep range.

They play a lot of cover 3, and I think with our OL that makes them vulnerable in the flat, especially if we can send a receiver and a TE deep toward their CBs there should be space behind for a screen or dump off to a RB, especially if our OL or TE can seal the edge to prevent an LB from coming over.

More generally, we cant get behind. Bortles is half the QB that andrew luck is. If we can get a ten point lead on then we should work to control TOP from that point forward and that will serve to make Bortles slightly desperate and prone to mistakes.

Bortles has 10 TDs and 8 picks on the season. Luck has 23 TDs and 8 picks. In the last 3 games, bortles has 2 TDs and one pick, Luck as 11 TDs and 3 picks (all 3 in the jets game, two werent his fault).

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (11-06-2018), VeveJones007 (11-05-2018)