View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
What I was saying is Mac Jones is shorter, slow and doesn’t have a big arm. I do like Jones other intangibles, but he does not fit the profile I think Reich prefers. Trey Lance seems to possess the traits Reich covets; athletic, big arm, tall.
Mac Jones is 6'3" to Trey Lance's 6'4", not exactly a huge difference, and I thought 6'3" was considered prototypical height for the position, or at least in the range. Also, when watching Mac Jones on tape, what makes you think he's not athletic? The things that make me think he is are watching him extend plays when the pocket collapses, escape sacks and find his way to open field, and outrunning oncoming pass rushers. He wouldn't be able to do those things were he slow. Also, "slow" doesn't necessarily mean unathletic at the QB position. I don't think anyone in the NFL would say Patrick Mahomes is unathletic, but his 40 time was 4.8, and he's considered one of the biggest running threat QBs in the NFL. I'll grant you he doesn't have a big arm, but he has what is IMO the most important arm trait for a QB, which is accuracy. I'll reiterate here that I hope Mac Jones is available at 21 and I hope the Colts pick him if he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

This person asserts that Eason could be the Colts' starting QB in 2021.

Why Jacob Eason Could Be Next in Line to Take Over Colts’ Starting QB Job

(By Jerry Trotta)

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2021/01/...g-quarterback/

o
It would be interesting if he were, and an amazing story if he were to succeed, but I don't think either Ballard or Reich are going to bet their jobs on him basically sight unseen. If he gets forced into action and excels, that's different, but they didn't draft him in such a way that they were putting their jobs on the line in doing so.