View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:55 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I didn’t call Trey Lance slow. Mac Jones isn’t a good athlete. Eason isnt either but he probably had the strongest arm in last years draft.

A good player forces you to play him. We need a QB. It isn’t politics. It’s not draft position. He isn’t that good. They would love for him to be the guy. Wouldn’t have to spend a draft pick and he’s on a rookie contract.
Did I somehow misinterpret the below? Because it seems like you describe qualities that Reich prefers in QBs, including slow, then say Trey Lance fits the bill:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
One of the issues I see though is he doesn’t seem to fit the type of QB Reich likes. Shorter, slow, not a big arm. The ND state QB seems to fit Reich’s preferences.
Also, I watched enough Mac Jones to know he's more athletic than your typical 4.8+ 40 pocket passer. He is elusive in the pocket, and he's a threat to run the ball for significant yardage when the pocket breaks down. He's not as fast as Russell Wilson, but I'd be willing to bet he's not as slow as Drew Brees, either.

Regarding Eason, we'll have to agree to disagree, because all the 4th round or later QBs that I can remember coming into the NFL and spending any significant time as a starter got their opportunity because the starter in front of them got injured. I can't think of any since 2000 for whom that's not the case. That suggests a pattern to me.