View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Fair. I just believe that the chance of a trade down is smaller than some seem to expect.
I don't know if I think the chance of trading down is smaller, but I suspect the return to the Colts for doing so might be somewhat smaller than what some are hoping for. IMO the Bills GM would be nuts to give up BOTH #12 and #22 just to get to #6 and (maybe) get the 4th-best QB in the draft. If anything, I'd think it might take the possibility of moving to #5, #4 or even #2 to get the Bills interested in that kind of scenario.

But that's not to say a trade down with the Bills would be impossible, or even unworthy of consideration, especially since they also have two 2nd rounders. Maybe Ballard offers #6 for #12, #53, and #56, Bills counter with an offer of #12, #56 and #65, and the two sides agree on #12, #53 and #65. Bills still get a shot at their (supposed) QB of the future, Colts end up with 7 of the first 67 picks.

With #12, Edmunds or Smith might still be there (and more justifiable IMO than up at #6) and, if not, likely another defensive player like Fitzpatrick, Ward or James would still be there.

Last edited by ZiaColt; 04-22-2018 at 07:50 PM.