View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
I can easily see them passing on Barkley. Myles Garrett & Chubb would be a defensive force.
I think they'll be more concerned with having a good run game to protect their newly drafted franchise QB, plus they already have Garrett. Everything I read and heard from the combine was that they were the most impressed by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I agree.

I know it has been a while now but Denver used to be known as the king of getting great RB production out of no name guys running back by committee. That tradition still lives on in their minds, I have little doubt.

I also have little doubt that Elway, as a former HOF QB, suscribes to the Bill Polian school of thought that the 3 most important positions on an NFL team ar:

1. The QB
2. The QB blind side protector
3. The guys who the QB needs protection from.

Denver needs a QB.
Denver needs pass rush.
There are no OTs worth a top 5 in this year's draft.

I could easily see them picking Chubb if he is still on the board over Barkley.

Walk Worthy,
Denver absolutely would pick Chubb over Barkley. I just don'tthink they'll pick him over a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
So, trade rumor....

Colts trade #6 overall to NYG.

NYG trade #34 overall and Odel Beckham Jr to Colts.

71.8 catches per season / 1,138 yards per season / 56.9% catch rate / 5.7 TD per season / T.Y. Hilton
78.1 catches per season / 1,106 yards per season / 61.5% catch rate / 9.5 TD per season / OBJ (with 1 season being only 4 games)

Hilton / OBJ / Rogers / Doyle / Ebron / Mack with Luck directing that?

Good golly!

Add a a rookie right OT with one of our now 4 2nd round picks and let the Mewhort / Slauson / Haeg / Good / Bond duke it out for OG starters and our offense would be set.

All other draft picks then used on defense. All of them.

Yeah, OBJ is going to want lots of wack at the end of the season but we have the cap space. OBJ will turn 26 in November of this season.

I don't know for sure that I would take it but I also don't know that there are any playmakers of his talent available in this year's draft.

Want a known difference maker with the #6 pick? OBJ is one of the choices.

Walk Worthy,
If Ballard didn't hang up the phone laughing, I have concerns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-18-2018), VeveJones007 (04-18-2018)