View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So Ballard stays true to his draft board and hopefully fixes our defensive line in the draft. Then because he doesn’t overspend in free agency, pissing off a ton of freaks, he has plenty of money to address our last major issue LT. I appears that there is enough to extend Leonard/Smith. On top of that word is that we were Leno’s preferred team, a tribute to the whole organization and Ballards development is the locker room that anyone with a choice of NFL cities wants to live in Indianapolis. Now I’m hoping Tevi plays so well Fisher ends up being the best backup in football.
Our dline is fixed? That was fast.

If Ballard stayed true to his draft board then he would have known a month ago he wasn’t going to take a tackle that would compete for the starting position. Therefore he could have had his choice at the beginning of free agency. Assuming he wasn’t going to sign Trent Williams, all other options would have been cheaper per year than Fisher and they would be healthy at the beginning of the year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/left-tackle/

What I bet really happened, Ballard wanted to see how the draft panned out. All the tackles went between our first and second round. We are then forced to go to free agency. We overspend a little for a partial season from an injured player. I suspect Fisher was the cheaper option between he and Leno. But when completely healthy I think Fisher is slightly the better player.

Signing a LT was never going to threaten the upcoming contracts, we will have 100 million again next year.

And please find me the Colt fans who want him to overspend in free agency, I’ll wait.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (05-10-2021), rcubed (05-10-2021)