View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I think making comparisons to Darnold and Wentz after two games with their new teams is ridiculous. I'm not on the Wentz bandwagon but shit it is early to throw him under the bus. The offensive line was developed by Ballard and has been one of the best in the league the last few years. Injuries have fucked us this year and it appears to me we have been on a slow downward spiral there since we fired Guge for not being nice enough. I get that we don't have a good backup offensive tackle-that is on Ballard. He knew it was a problem, tried to fix it on the cheap and it hasn't worked out. I really criticize him for our defensive ends-we have spent a fortune and still can't rush the friggin passer. Guy isn't perfect-he likes to grab great athletes and let the coaches develop them. Problem is most of them are not developing into anything worth a shit. That, to me, is on Ballard since this is his philosophy and he hired everyone to make it work.
I wasn't making comparisons based on these two games. I was all for getting Darnold before last season ended when I knew the Jets would have a high draft pick and select a QB. I believe the Jets totally mismanaged the kid and he just turned 24. I really believe he has the stuff to make it as an elite QB. Wentz at this time may or may not be better than Darnold, but his style of play ensures a very short career. I don't believe he'll be healthy enough for the Colts to lose their #1 draft choice. He has to take 75% of the snaps. I agree, it's too early to say Darnold is better than Wentz based on 2 games, but you have to agree, he would have been cheaper, he is more durable and younger.
Oldcolt (09-26-2021)