View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Slauson played what? 4 games? Dumb article
Well, to be fair, there’s only been 8 games so far. The article was written on Nov 2 and says at the outset that it’s a mid-season analysis, so there’s nothing wrong with analyzing a player’s performance within that limited context. If you take issue with their conclusions, that’s entirely different, but you didn’t say how you might disagree.

Either way, I thought it would be a good starting point for a discussion on the subject, since there’s was so much complaining about the Colts free agency approach last offseason. Spotrac basically gives all of the Colts free agency signings (with the exception of Howard) an “average” or “excellent” rating. I personally think they’ve underestimated Ebron (who should be excellent), and perhaps overestimated Autry (maybe average) and Slauson (incomplete due to injury).

Incidentally, here’s their assessment of the performance of the other free agents some Colts fans were hoping the we would sign:

Andrew Norwell (below average)
Justin Pugh (below average)
Dontari Poe (below average)
Allen Robinson (below average)
Dante Moncrief (below average)
Anthony Hitchens (below average)
Ndamukong Suh (average)
Nate Solder (below average)
Rashaan Melvin (average)

Maybe I missed a few, as I'm only going off memory, but not a lot of great performers (relative to their contracts) in that group.