View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I just can't see us signing Brown. Ballard made a special point of emphasizing during his press conference today how important the locker room culture is to him. I fully realize that it's unlikely that any of us have first hand information about Brown's character or personality, and we mostly rely upon the media for that information, but Brown is at the center of a massive locker room dispute right now. And his own teammates are coming out against him, not to mention team owner Art Rooney. Signing Brown would be hard to explain.
The fact that both Bell and Brown have issues in that locker room makes you wonder what the hell is really going on there in Pittsburgh. Is Brown a malcontent? Or is he just a symptom of a bigger problem? I’d like for Ballard to look into it, and then I’d trust his opinion on whether or not it was worth it. What I hope he doesn’t do is just turn his nose up at it and say “we do what we do” and not even consider it. Brown is to good of a player at a position of need to not at least entertain the thought and do some homework.