View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 05:45 PM

This was just a pathetic defensive effort

Sadly it was the type of effort I expected from the D this year but we have not seen yet.

It didn't look this bad on a Thursday vs Tom Brady

Jevon freakin' Kearse had a career game today just by running a slant pattern ALL GOD DAMN GAME no one could stop. Pathetic. It couldn't BE more simple. GET UP ON HIM, JAM HIM SOMETHING

This team just GIVES away points in so many ways. And I am not just talking about the pick 6.
You give up not one but TWO scores in the last two minutes
Luck not just with the turnovers but misses a WIDE OPEN WR downfield before the half. Should be an easy play
Point off turnovers has been awful. You get momentum from the D on a turnover and manage a FG on a 10 yard drive or some pathetic crap
Offensive Play calling in the red zone.......Jesus Christ, awful. And I mean on both ends, trying to score and deep in your own territory. Have the Colt been able to run a screen all fucking year? No. So what do you do? Open the game with a screen pass deep in your own fucking territory? Not only that but to the RB that has not seen game time all damn year so far. It was like when you have a piss poor OL and you run a shot gun our of your own end zone. Just stupid. Its like Luck is rubbing off on Reich rather than vice versa. His usual consistent play calling is interrupted by completely asinine and dumbass decisions like this.
Penalties.
Challenges.........on that sack and almost fumble in the second half, why not challenge that? It looks like he may have fumbled, it was closer on the replay than I expected and would have been a HUGE shift.
Of course what do they do on 2nd and 20 after that. GIVE UP A FIRST DOWN ON A SHORT SLANT!!! Jesus Christ

This team have completely regressed the last two weeks since that tie that ended up a loss.

This is the most upset I have been at a loss in years. You give up over 40 points to a team that has a bad offense. And not on the ground as they have been doing all season with the jets, but in the air to a rookie QB on short passes that stupid horrible coverage.

And on that point : MY GOD, were we missing like 3 players in the secondary on that one TD? Not one but TWO guys wide open, either one could have gone in untouched. I have never seen such horrible coverage on a play. How do you blow coverage on not one but two guys?

And second, yes Hooker finally made a play and an INT, but he should have made an INT earlier in the game too when he came over for coverage on the sideline and misplayed the ball.

Only bright spot was Mack finally gave them a running game in the second half.

That was a great play by Leonard to force the fumble. Of course then the offense only manages a FG....but hey, what more can you ask for? They only had it on the 40 yard line or so.

I thought this was still a .500 team before this week. If it plays like this though its a 4-5 win team.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
indycolts2 (10-14-2018)