View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
eh, close enough to super teams to me.

bulls had two three-peats, 6 chips in 8 years, and could have won more if jordan didnt take a sabbatical. they also had the most wins in a season during that time which stood until recently. they also had a lot of really talented guys on those teams - jordan, pippen, grant, paxson, kerr, rodman.... at the time I would consider them a super team. maybe not quit to the level of what golden state has put together now, but super for the time none the less.

Every championship series in the 80s featured either the lakers or the celtics, and three years had both. Tons of all stars on both teams.
Bird and Magic made their players better than they would have been without them. Jordan was a one-man wrecking crew that could not be beaten in a series.

I think your qualifier that every series had one of those teams is cherry-picking though. The Sixers were the dominant team in '83, beating out the Celts. The only team close to being a super team was LA, who had Magic (who I think was the best ever), Jabbar and Worthy. However,I think all of those players were drafted by LA, so that's why they get somewhat of a pass while GS and CLE don't.