View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Don't have a handle on Brissett's ceiling but his floor doesn't appear to be shit. Stats don't tell the entire situation but comparing Bissett to Luck (stats only) after two games last year you get Brissett 38/55 336 yard 5td 1 int passer rating 107.95, Luck 60/84 498 yards 4 td 3 int passer rating 60.8. One guy manages the game, another attacks the game. So far Brissetts style physically reminds me of Roman Gabriel, his style of playing reminds me of Bob Griese and the old Miami Dolphins (strong as an ox like Roman and game manager like Griese with lots of running the ball) Big difference is Griese made you pay for playing the run with Paul Warfield-Jacoby has to prove that he can also do that. If he can do that we just might have our qb. Please don't let this devolve into a Luck vs Brissett discussion( there is none to be had, Luck is obviously on a different level)-I'm only looking at their different styles.
Two questions I guess:
Can Brisset guide this team through the playoffs if they make it?
Can Brisset become the long term answer to the QB situation?

It is starting to look like a decent QB draft in the next draft. I like that LSU QB Burrow.