View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Setting aside the gut-level disgust that overtakes me when I think of Brady in a Colts uniform, I just can't see a realistic scenario where this takes place.

From the Colts perspective, why would they put themselves in a position to allow another member of the Patriots organization to embarrass them again? What if Brady pulled some sort of McDaniel's-like move on them? I don't think Colts fans would be as sympathetic this time.

Also, why bring in an expensive 43-year old QB at this point when we already have Brissett under contract for $15 million or so, and we are likely going to be drafting a young QB to compete? It doesn't make sense. And, even if the Colts somehow decided to go the veteran QB route, I'd think that someone like Rivers would be a more likely target due to his ties with our current coaches.

From Brady's perspective, the Colts are the organization that directly called him out for his cheating and led to one of the most embarrassing moments of his career. I'm sure he's got lots of hard feelings about that.
I think most of those who say it would work are doing the Madden thing where chemistry doesn't matter, just take a player and plug him in. So they see Brady trying to win another SB, and look for a good team with a glaring hole at QB, and the see the Colts. They see this team as only a QB away from being a SB caliber team, and one with a good line and think Brady would want to leave NE, where he is not going to win another one, and see Indy as a team that would fit his criteria. They are wrong because we don't cheat, and we don't like the guy.
Pez (01-12-2020), Spike (10-09-2020)