View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:52 AM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Yeah, it’s obvious facts rarely matter on the subject. Yes the stats for his last year is a fact. So is his accomplishments from previous years. But do me a favor - go compare Kap’s last season to Wentz’s last in Philly. The now twice traded, twice starting Wentz. If you think it was play that kept Kap out, you are simply lying to yourself. And as I’ve repeatedly pointed out, the workout was AFTER having been blackballed to the point the NFL settled. He also didn’t initially seek publicity, it was simply noticed and reported. And he started kneeling after meeting with a veteran who felt it was more respectful. But none of that fits the narrative- so facts don’t matter.
I truly believe that if Frank Reich was not the coach here, Wentz would be out of the league by now. It seems we were the only team interested. How Ballard was able to get Wash. to trade for him was amazing. Yes, he put up decent numbers, but he is flawed. If Kaep had someone go to bat for him and trade for him, he might still be playing (or not). However, he didn't. Wentz did.