View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Not surprised teams want to trade up and we want to trade down. Question is, are we doing for picks this year or next year? If it is for next year, I bet they target a QB next year.

Some stats on WR's:

Percentage of contested catches last year:

Denzel Mims - 30.3%
Tee Higgins - 18.6%

Percentage of catches from screens:

Devin Duvernay - 40%
Denzel Mims - 1.5%

Quote:
Best bet
Denzel Mims -235

Higgins' stock has plummeted - arguably more than that of anyone else at his position. He didn't light it up at his pro day and demonstrated a limited route tree during his career at Clemson, sending his average projected draft position from 19.5 to the fringes of the first round. I boarded the Mims train early and am hoping the momentum hasn't slowed down, though the price of this matchup prop is getting a little out of my comfort zone. I'm simply reading the tea leaves here and hoping Higgins' fall is real. If it is, Mims should hear his name called well before his counterpart.
Quote:
Michael Pittman Jr., USC
Pittman is my bet for this year’s most overthought prospect. You can chase high-end athletic tools all you want, but give me guys like Pittman who know the receiver position like the back of their hand. He can not only separate on the underneath and intermediate route trees, but Pittman is terrific at using his size to stack cornerbacks down the football field. In terms of completeness at the receiver position, Pittman is right up there with anyone in the draft class. What really separates him are his hands. He’s dropped only five passes on 176 catchable targets in his career.
Quote:
John Hightower, Boise State
Hightower is yet another wideout with some speed to burn as he clocked in with a 4.43 at the Combine in Indianapolis. That showed up repeatedly on tape as he averaged 18.5 yards per catch this past season. The Boise State wideout is exceptionally fluid and he isn’t simply winning by striding straight past slower defensive backs on go balls. He sells post-corners and other downfield double moves exceptionally well. We’d love to see him continue to add muscle to his frame, though, as he still only checked in at the Combine weighing 189 pounds — and his ability to fight through contact was inhibited because of it.
Quote:
Devin Duvernay, Texas
Duvernay is on the opposite end of the YAC spectrum from Jennings. He’s a former track athlete who blazed a 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Jet-sweeps and screens are his bread and butter as Duvernay had the second most receptions on screens of any player in the country (42). He converted those into 17 first downs or scores and broke 14 tackles on them — both figures that led the country. With his combination of speed, power and elusiveness, he’ll quickly find a role in an NFL offense.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-24-2020 at 01:57 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (04-24-2020), apballin (04-24-2020), Racehorse (04-24-2020), Workhorse (04-24-2020)