View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 AM

There are a few things to like about JB, and a little bit to hope he can improve. So far this year, he's kept the INTs down, (Luck was always good for 1 or 2 a game). He's learned to throw the ball away and not force passes when the coverage is superior. He's got a very strong arm. He's improving as the season goes on.

Some things I see that need improvement but can and will be improved. His touch on the quick short passes. His ability to go through his progressions. His ability to come to the line and see the weak point in the D and audible.

The one thing that won't change. He's surprisingly slow for an athlete with his build.

For me, the bottom line is that I don't think JB will ever be an elite NFL QB, but that may end up being his greatest value. When it comes time for a new contract, he'll command a substantial raise, but not a bank breaking salary that forces a team to let other important parts of the team seek greener pastures elsewhere. Thus, we can keep the nucleus of this team together and continue to get stronger.

It was fun last year to see the OL get better and better as the season went on and the young players gelled. This year we seem to be seeing the same thing with the young defensive players. It gives me faith in Ballard's ability to draft a great team and to have players that are very good but should be affordable. This team is growing, and they're growing fast, it's a lot of fun to see it.
Ironshaft (10-21-2019), Oldcolt (10-21-2019)