View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 12:28 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Well some players can afford to not play the season and wait till next year. Way too many live paycheck to paycheck though. Rookies are kinda screwed too. No playing time, and no incoming salary. Feel bad for the next group of college players too. If there is no college season, how do you have a draft? No late risers, like a Joe Burrow or Kyler Murry to show what they have.
I 💯 agree with all of that. It absolutely sucks, and the kids are the ones who are going to be the most screwed. Jim Irsay sent a notice out to season ticket holders today explaining how seating, vending, accommodations etc, will be handled for the coming season. The thing is, it's going to be so exponentially worse than it is now, I don't know if Jim even comprehends it. I love the guy, but I still don't see any way of it happening unless the owners just say "fuck it...hope nobody dies" and the players go along with that. Not to mention that some parts of the country have done significantly better than others in trying to handle the virus. I live in the south. We've done a terrible job, and half the people where I live (mostly intelligent Huntsville, AL) still don't take any precautions. How would a team from a place that has done well feel safe coming down here to play? And I'm in Huntsville! God help you if you have to play anywhere in Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. If I were a vested veteran who had already made my NFL money, I'd rather sit out or retire rather than risk my and my family's life. So, yeah, the kids will suffer the most. So will the kids (and teachers) who will be forced back into the schools when the time comes to go back next month. Sorry for the wall of text, but yeah, it's an awful mess...and it's gonna get worse.