View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Truly great win last night, but it troubles me that despite our dominant O-line, our QB managed only a meager 151 yards on 29 pass attempts (5.1 yard average) and rarely attempted - much less completed - any passes over 10 yards. He needs to improve for us to get to the promised land.
I agree. What you're pointing out just further highlights how frustratingly painful Andrew Luck's decision to retire was.

We have a lot in place of what's needed to be a truly elite team. We have the elite head coach. We have a really good GM. We have an elite offensive line. Our offensive playmakers are good but could use a few upgrades. Our defense is still bad (although last night indicates otherwise), but we have an uber-elite defensive stud in tow who's only in his second season.

We're just missing the QB. Luck is/was good enough to cover up some of the other flaws that are still pretty glaring. Brissett, as good of a locker room guy and leader he is, isn't good enough to consistently cover up those weaknesses.

This is going to be a season of extreme highs and extreme lows because it's so heavily dependent on our so-so/mediocre QB. But I am excited about the franchise's future with Reich and Ballard leading the way. We really are just an upgrade at QB away from being back into contender status. Unfortunately, upgrading at QB is no small feat, especially if the expectation is to find someone of Luck's caliber or at least 90% of Luck's caliber.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaynesWorld87 For This Useful Post:
Chaka (10-08-2019)