Thread: The final 53
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:04 PM

My guess at the initial 53 man roster cut down

Offense (24)
QB's (3)
Brissett, Walker, Kelly (will then be suspended)
- I don't feel comfortable with Walker being our primary backup, but i guess for 2 games, we will have to suck it and see and hope that Brissett does not go down injured in any way.
RB's (4)
Mack, Hines, Wilkins, West - Happy with this group, feel as if Williams could have made the team if not for injury, Wilkins could end up on IR as well. But Mack, Hines and West are good enough for me on game day anyway.

TE's (4)
Doyle, Ebron, Cox, Hentges - Cutting Travis is not great, to me he is easily one of the top 53 guys, but we don't need 5 TE's and he hasn't been truly outstanding this preseason.

WR's (5)
Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Rogers, Pascal (will take Chad Kelly's spot) - Pascal, Hogan, Johnson, Hart and even possibly Dulin, could all potentially pop onto the roster throughout the course of the season.

OL (8)
Castanzo, Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski, Smith, Haeg, Clark, Andrews - I decided to drop Boehm, but he could easily make the roster instead of Andrews. Clark i think could lose his spot once Garcia completes his league suspension.

Defense (26)
DE (5)
Houston, Sheard, Turay, Muhammad, Banogu - Phillips and Gwacham have both played well this preseason and could make the roster if Sheard is placed on IR. The fact that we will be cutting a draft pick in Gerris Green, just shows how far this team has come along in just a couple of seasons under Ballard.

DT (5)
Autry, Hunt, Lewis, Stewart, Ward - Caraun Reid has been good, but we can't keep 13 guys on the DLine.

LB's (6)
Leonard, Walker, Adams, Okereke, Franklin, Speed - Thomas and Moore will be gone, think this is a relatively straight forward selection, only question could be is 6 one too many guys?

CB's (6)
Desir, Moore, Wilson, Ya-Sin, Hairston, Milton - Collins, appears to have been in a position to make a play almost all of the time, both in games and training camp, but is constantly not quite able to prevent the play and has often been burnt on the big play so he isn't likely to make the final roster. Tell, will hopefully make it through to the practice squad.

S's (4)
Hooker, Geathers, Willis, Odum - Miligan appears to have played well, but i don't see him beating out the top 4 guys.

Special Teams (3)
Vinatieri, Sanchez, Rhodes

Biggest take from this to me is that we will have 4 draft picks that will fail to make the roster, Tell (5th), Green (6th), Barton (7th) and Patterson (7th)

Last edited by ukcolt; 08-27-2019 at 12:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (08-27-2019), Pez (08-27-2019)