Thread: The final 53
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Both have real promise. Hopefully, Ballard will be able to trade one for a future draft pick rather than just cutting one.
I saw this blurb I think on 1070. Basically they see it as two different positions. So do they want a receiving streatch the field TE backup or a blocking short range catcher TE backup.

Quote:
One of the definite position battles remaining is the 4th tight end spot between Ross Travis and Hale Hentges. It could very well come down to what the Colts want: more of the receiver/higher ceiling guy in Travis, or the blocker/more consistent guy in Hentges. Frank Reich acknowledged that battle on Tuesday: “We look at it as two different positions, not completely, but pretty much,” Reich said. “Obviously with Ross being in the mold of Ebron, and Hale being in the mold of Jack and the roles that play within our offense. That’s the mix Chris (Ballard) and I talk about a lot when it comes down to roster spots and how all that plays out. They both look good.” Reich also noted that some of those decisions gets made on what “we are planning on doing offensively, and what we are planning on emphasizing.” Is that more of the run game in 2019? This will be a fun battle to watch over the last two weeks of the preseason.
Hate to let a good player go, especially with all the injuries now a days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-24-2019)