Thread: Realistic Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
a thought from MMQB:

"And let’s say the Colts, with the sixth overall pick, would be comfortable moving down to Miami’s pick at 11, Indy figuring if it can pick up another second-round pick at least, it would be worth it. (Really, the Colts are not just comfortable doing this. They want to do this.) So let’s slot Rosen to Miami with the sixth pick, and now all the primo quarterbacks are gone. And the Colts have turned the third overall pick at the start of March into the 11th—and added four second-round picks in the process. Five prime prospects instead of one excellent one. GM Chris Ballard would love that trade."

What do you think of trading down to 11 and getting another 2nd (plus whatever makes the points equal)?
I suspect the more likely trade candidate might be Buffalo, given their desperate need for a QB and their multitude of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. If both Chubb and Nelson are gone by #6, that likely means Barkley and/or one of the QB's would still be available, and maybe the Bills would be willing to part with several of those picks? I'm not a big fan of future picks, i.e., the 2019 draft or beyond.

And I don't doubt Ballard might love to trade #6 to Miami for #11 and #42, but I doubt if Miami's GM would love it--he'd probably feel he was giving up too much value. A trade for #6 with the Dolphins would probably need to include extra picks on both sides, e.g., Miami gives Indy #11, #42 and #73 and the Colts give up #6, #67 and #104. Not sure if Ballard would like that or not. You'd essentially be moving down to 11 in order to move up from 67 to 42 and up to 73 from 104.

Last edited by ZiaColt; 03-23-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: additional comments