Thread: Draft 2021
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 09:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Uh, no. Lawrence is the number 1 QB, period. My only question about him is that he is kinda like Luck. Football may not be is primary focus in life based on his latest statements. But you can't tell me that he is lower than any of these other 4 QB's talent wise. He is a generational talent and I watched a lot of Clemson games, I can't say that about any of the other 4 QB's. Every GM in the league would take Lawrence 1st and that is just not debatable, and they are a hell of a lot smarter than me and you. The only way I see him busting is because he goes to the Jackoffs and they fucking ruin him. Outside of the Texans, they are the worst run franchise in the league. But that's ok, love to see it.
What in the film did you see that led you to those conclusions? I gave a very specific and detailed reasoning as to why I feel the way I do. I can accept that you have a different opinion, part of the reason I posted that was not being able to go back and specifically cite where I ranked Russell Wilson ahead of RGIII, also seen as crazy at the time. But it's going to take a lot more than "uh, no" to convince me that the flaws I saw on his film aren't real. As for what GMs would do, I acknowledged in my post that Lawrence has the highest ceiling in the group, and NFL GMs are very prone to convincing themselves to look past flaws and floor to try to get the best ceiling. I'd rather have the best range of outcomes, especially with a Top 10 pick, than just the best ceiling.