View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Did I somehow misinterpret the below? Because it seems like you describe qualities that Reich prefers in QBs, including slow, then say Trey Lance fits the bill:

Also, I watched enough Mac Jones to know he's more athletic than your typical 4.8+ 40 pocket passer. He is elusive in the pocket, and he's a threat to run the ball for significant yardage when the pocket breaks down. He's not as fast as Russell Wilson, but I'd be willing to bet he's not as slow as Drew Brees, either.

Regarding Eason, we'll have to agree to disagree, because all the 4th round or later QBs that I can remember coming into the NFL and spending any significant time as a starter got their opportunity because the starter in front of them got injured. I can't think of any since 2000 for whom that's not the case. That suggests a pattern to me.
What I was saying is Mac Jones is shorter, slow and doesn’t have a big arm. I do like Jones other intangibles, but he does not fit the profile I think Reich prefers. Trey Lance seems to possess the traits Reich covets; athletic, big arm, tall.

Eason literally has an opportunity right now to step up. The reason he isn’t the starter is bc he isn’t very good, not bc there is someone in front of him. If he was good they would consider it. Teams were not impressed with his football knowledge at the combine after interviews. Ballard just said he has a long way to go. At best he is a long term project.