View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 12:29 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
No his question is one that you know is impossible to answer. Coaches don’t complain about the moves GMs make. Period. And you both fucking know it. The insinuation is that the Reich wanted the bad options he was given at LT to start the season. A rookie who only played the position for two years in college and a journeyman guard. All I can say is if Reich WANTED the obvious holes left on the roster every year, then yes he deserved to be fired. But that means Ballard is nothing but a puppet and people need to quit giving him credit for the good on the roster, because that would also be all Reich. Right?

I’m curious WTF you guys think a GM does. If he just follows the coaches orders then why is the position so important?
True, it is impossible. But you have no problem reading Chris Ballard's mind just like the anti-Reich guys have no problem reading his.

I'll speak for myself and say there is no insinuation that Reich wanted what they ended up with. The only people giving takes like the ones in bold above are fervent anti-Reich guys or anti-Ballard guys. I personally believe they came to the decision together and it just didn't work.

Both parties seem to have a real problem accepting the fact that the HC and GM collaborate on these decisions. One guy claims, "Frank Reich said fuck you to Chris Ballard" and the next guy claims, "Chris Ballard said fuck you to Frank Reich."

You can believe that if you want, but there's no evidence for it.