View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
And watch this for fun!

https://twitter.com/WerColtsPodcast/...33087004884993

If you're Dam, you'll interpret that to: Luck is the problem.
With all those drops, I saw 2 INTs. Luck has 10 turnovers on the year. Luck's ball security issues are the reason this team is 1-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
So, how about a first round WR?

*ducks*
Not with a top 10 pick and a need at practically every position on the DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
If we get a Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison? Sure.

If we get an Anthony Gonzalez or Phillip Dorsett? No thanks.

And that is the rub of 1st round speciality positions. Doing your homework is important when you use that high of draft capital on a boom or bust position.

I probably still lean towards O-Line or D-Front Seven for almost every first round pick from here until time runs out.

I just think more football games are won by teams with the ability to protect their passer/open holes and those that can control the run and pressure opposing QBs. You need to ocassionally pick a franchise QB and ocassionally get incredible value at CB or Safety or WR or RB but otherwise? Build the lines.

In 2019 if Ballard's top rated person left when we pick is a WR? I would be a-okay with it.

My guess is that when the season ends and we look at our weakest position groups, it will be WR and CB. Strengthening either to NFL average/NFL good will help the team greatly.

Walk Worthy,
1) Absolutely agree with the build the lines philosophy.

2) Anthony Gonzalez was actually pretty good when healthy. He just couldn't stay healthy.