View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
This is what my head and my heart both tell me. Irsay tried to bring in a high-caliber coach early in January, missed, saw it was too late for a new GM to hire a good coach and staff, and knew Luck would be out at least throughout OTAs and some camp.

Add all of that together and Irsay more or less told Ballard, "don't worry about the coaching staff for 2017. Build your scouting department, start churning the roster, and use 2017 as an evaluation year up and down the organization."

Exactly! Irsay may be an addict but he also has grown up in the football business and one of his deep seated motivations is to Not run his business like his father did so he's more loyal and sometimes slower to act than his fans would like but he's not the bumbling idiot that some are making him out to be. This season may be shaping up to be a bit of a cluster fuck (perfect storm) but as long as andrew comes back to full form physically and mentally we have the most important asset we need. Everything else from competent coaching to a better roster are all achievable within the next couple of years.....we just need to ride out the current shitstorm.