View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
And he wouldn't be here if Irsay could have closed the deal with any of the handful of candidates (experienced, Super Bowl pedigree ) that he considered at the end of our last two mediocre seasons. This year, not even limping our way into the playoffs (which isn't likely to happen), will save his job. I firmly believe when he hired Ballard he also made the decision to put the selection of the next head coach into his hands which opens up the possibility of more less tenured candidates. Time will tell but I'd be willing to put money behind this prediction. I see NO scenario where chuck is back.
This is what my head and my heart both tell me. Irsay tried to bring in a high-caliber coach early in January, missed, saw it was too late for a new GM to hire a good coach and staff, and knew Luck would be out at least throughout OTAs and some camp.

Add all of that together and Irsay more or less told Ballard, "don't worry about the coaching staff for 2017. Build your scouting department, start churning the roster, and use 2017 as an evaluation year up and down the organization."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-20-2017), sherck (09-20-2017), YDFL Commish (09-20-2017)