View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.......With all due respect Sherck, central to your analysis is the presumption that McDaniels is a slave to one mental model of how to design/run an offense. He very well may be.....I don't know. However, if Ballard is half the leader and assessor of talent that people like Polian purport him to be then I hope that a key criteria to his assessment is finding a leader that understands the long term key to winning is adaptability. It's no different than any other industry......you adapt or quickly become irrelevant. This, I think, was the central failing of Pagano (with all due respect to those that think coaching doesn't matter). He simply wouldn't (or I think couldn't) realize that stubborn enslavement to that "we just do what we do" mentality was a recipe for irrelevance as everyone else (including the AFC South) passes you by. I think the right question to be in for McDaniels is is he capable of flexible thinking?
Now that there is a pretty damn good rebuttal post, supports their opinion and is respectful. We can all learn from this and I do included myself in this.

Last edited by Butter; 01-13-2018 at 01:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
sherck (01-13-2018)