View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 12:21 PM

Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I was reading about Tom Telesco, since he used to be with the Colts for a long time. I discovered something weird that I found interesting, though likely nobody else will.

He went to college and played college football at a little Jesuit school called John Carroll University, in Ohio. I never heard of it.

But he was on that team with David Caldwell, who was also on Colts staff and was Jacksonville's GM for a few years, and Chris Polian, who of course was Colts assist. GM for awhile (and has since held a few different exec positions with other teams). Also Greg Roman was on the team, who has had multiple NFL coaching positions, current Ravens OC.

The year after Telesco graduated, the same school also had players on the team that included Josh McDaniels (ugh), Nick Caserio (long time with Pats front office, now Houston), and London Fletcher.

So I just thought it was weird that this little school in Ohio produced NFL execs/coaches that had long and successful careers in Indy, and a separate line that had long careers in New England.

John Carroll University was also Don Shula's alma mater:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...oll_University
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-25-2024)