View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:07 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You cant remove all gun. Wild animal populations would explode, then probable crash for a lack of food and forage. And thats just one example.

You cant drive a car without a license. A minor in IN must show proof of passing a safety class, and a given number of driving hours with an instructor. You cant get a bank loan without a credit check. I believe you can not get a hunting license in IN as a minor without taking a safety class.

We can have sensible laws that protect both parties. It will take compromise. There are no absolutes with the Constitution.
Most gun crime is committed with handguns but it’s the scary “assault weapons” that get all the attention.

If I believed for a single second that a ban on AR’s would be the end of it, I’d be inclined to support such a ban. But it wouldn’t be, because the weapon itself is not the problem.

The problem, as I said before, is a society that is creating these people.

So we get rid of AR’s and then when the next shooting happens, which it inevitably will, the same people will be back saying “we have to do something”. And on and on it goes.

So no, f**k that noise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-20-2022)