Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
All I see here are incoherent ramblings of stereotyping that you guys claim to be above.
Fair enough. I’ll help spell it out for you:

The President you support bragged about the television ratings of his press conferences during a pandemic that has shut down the economy, put hundreds of thousands out of work, and has already killed roughly 15K people - and the number is growing by the day. He bragged his ratings were better than the bachelor. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

The President you support is on video at one of his campaign rallies mocking a disabled reporter. That is not a stereotype, that’s a fact. Is that coherent enough for you?

You claim Trump has no direct affect on our lives, ok that depends on a lot of factors, but let’s say it’s true. A lot of conservatives claim to dislike Trump, but support him because of judges. That’s specifically one of the things I was replying to in Iron Shaft’s comment - the same comment you responded too. My point is you can’t have it both ways. Either Trump has no effect on anything or the judges he nominates don’t matter. I’d say they do or conservatives wouldn’t care about them and use them as justification for Trump. Stereotype? Possibly, but it’s the exact justification Iron Shaft used, so pretty damn relevant. That coherent enough for you?

Now I did stereotype Trump supporters for on only caring about what effects THEIR daily life. But again that was in response to the exact comment you made justifying Trump - that he isn’t negatively affecting liberals lives so it isn’t a big deal. That coherent enough for you?

Let me add a few for you:

The man you support also is on tape saying he can grab women by the pussy because he’s a star. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a Hispanic judge because or his heritage. No stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is currently barred from running a charity in NY because he misused funds from a veterans charity. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support ran a fake university that preyed upon people using his family name. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support attacked a former POW that was tortured for being captured. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

The man you support is known for not paying his debts and instead tying up people in court and settling for pennies on the dollar. There are tons of documented cases. That’s not a stereotype, that’s a fact.

I could go on and on, but I’m sure you know them all. You just disregard them for the exact reason you commented- they don’t personally affect your daily life. Now I think that says a whole lot about you. Am I stereotyping you? Yeah probably, but it’s a stereotype I’m 100% comfortable with.

And I’ll note you did exactly what most Trump supporters do. It’s hard to logically justify your support for such a POS without sounding like a POS yourself so you gloss over any factual points about his behavior. Better to call them incoherent ramblings than actually address anything said.

All of that coherent enough for you?

Last edited by rm1369; 04-08-2020 at 08:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-08-2020)